Creative Capacity Grant
Creative Capacity Grants (CCGs) provides general operating support to nonprofit organizations whose primary mission is to produce, present, teach, or serve the arts.
Looking for the alternate year application? Access more information here!
Who is it for?
Organizations that may apply for Creative Capacity Grants...
- are based in Arizona,
- are incorporated as a nonprofit organization* with tax-exempt status, or are a unit of municipal or tribal government,
- have a primary mission to produce, present, teach, or serve the arts,
- have a minimum annual budget of $4,000
- will incur eligible expenses during the funding period (July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024)
*Unincorporated organizations that are otherwise eligible and whose annual budget is below $200,000 may apply through a nonprofit fiscal sponsor.
CCG funds are intended to support general day-to-day operating costs, such as the following:
- Salaries & Personnel Expenses
- Artistic/Production Expenses
- Administrative Expenses
Organizations apply in one of eight grant levels. Grant levels are based on the adjusted annual revenue for the organization’s most recently completed fiscal year. For the purposes of this program, adjusted annual revenue is defined as total annual revenue minus the monetary value of any in-kind support.
|Adjusted Annual Revenue|
|Level 1||$4,000 - $19,999|
|Level 2||$20,000 - $49,999|
|Level 3||$50,000 - $99,999|
|Level 4||$100,000 - $199,999|
|Level 5||$200,000 - $399,999|
|Level 6||$400,000 - $999,999|
|Level 7||$1,000,000 - $4,999,999|
|Level 8||$5,000,000 and above|
Are you a returning grantee and need assistance in determining you should be completing the full application? Do you have questions around projected award ranges? Access the Creative Capacity Grant page here to find any additional information regarding the application.
The Creative Capacity Grant operates on a multi-year funding cycle. Organizations submit a full application once every three years. In their two “alternate” years, grantees submit only a brief application update and are not subject to panel review.
For Fiscal Year 2024, a full application is required from the following:
- organizations applying at Level 6-8 (new and returning)
- organizations that did not apply for a Creative Capacity Grant in FY2023
- organizations that did apply for a Creative Capacity Grant in FY2023, but were not awarded funds
Please review the grant guidelines that correspond to your Creative Capacity Grant Level, which can be found on the Creative Capacity Grant page, thoroughly before beginning your application.